Left side chest pain can be an indicator of possible heart problem or even heart attack. However; there are some other causes that may not be linked to your heart. The causes of chest pain in left side can be serious or even very simple. Some of the conditions can also pose a great threat to your life. That is why it is important not to ignore your chest pain, especially if you are not sure about the causes of the pain. The chest pain often radiates to the back, neck or even upper abdomen. It may occur for hours or even lasts within a few minutes.
What Causes Chest Pain Left Side
Chest pain under left breast is one in all the foremost common complaints which will bring a normal patient to the department of emergency. Seeking immediate medical care could also be rescued, and sizable public education has also been undertaken to induce patients to access medical aid once pain strikes. Whereas the patient could also be troubled a few heart failure, there are several different causes of pain within the chest that your health care skilled professional can get to take into account. Some diagnoses are serious, whereas others are not so dangerous. Lungs problem often causes a variety of chest pain. However; there are some common causes of chest pain in your left side.
- Heart Attack: Reduction of your normal blood flow as well as oxygen supply to your heart can kill the muscle cells of your heart.Heart attack symptom can be severe as well as very crushing pain and it is accompanied by sweating, nausea as well as body weakness.
- Angina: Sometimes left side chest pain can be caused by the blockage in your blood vessels of your heart. This pain can spread to different parts of your body like arm, back, jaw or shoulder. It is possible to feel pressure in your chest. This condition can be triggered by emotional distress, exercises or even excitement.
- Pleuritis: Lung lining inflammation can cause a very sharp pain and it occurs during coughing, sneezing and breathing. The common causes of this condition are bacterial infection, viral infection, pulmonary embolism as well as pneumothorax.
- GERD: When the acids of the stomach start to move backward just towards the throat, this condition occurs and it causes chest pain. It is also known as heartburn. Normally it is accompanied by a very sour taste in the mouth and sometimes it can be triggered by spicy foods, smoking, obesity and pregnancy.
- Hiatal Hernia: It is a very common problem, if the top portion of your stomach is abnormally pushed into your lower left chest after eating, then this situation can occur. When lying down, this condition gets worse.
- Rib Fracture: Rib injury or trauma often causes chest pain. Deep breathing as well as coughing can make this situation worse. This pain is basically confined to the area which can feel sore if it is pressed.
Symptoms of Chest pain Left Side
There conjointly are classic shows of signs as well as also symptoms for several diseases however they will also gift untypically and there might also be important overlap among all the symptoms of every condition. Gender, age as well as race will have an effect on presentation and therefore the health care skilled should take into account several variables before coming back to a particular diagnosing. A wide range of problems can cause chest pain. It is difficult to know the real causes of pain without seeing you a professional physician or doctor. In general this pain comes with a lot of discomfort. However; there are some other symptoms of chest pain:
- Searing or crushing pain that can radiate to your neck, shoulder, jaw or back and arm
- Fullness, tightness, pressure in the chest
- Shortness of sweating, nausea, breath and dizziness
- Pain goes away as well as comes back
- Pain density varies time to time
- Trouble swallowing
- Upper body discomfort
- Lack of energy, sleep problems and fatigue
- Vomiting, Sudden dizziness or light headedness
Treatment for Left Side Chest Pain
The treatment for chest pain totally depends on the causes of the pain. Doctors may want to know the history of the patient before they recommend any medications for the patients. A number of different anti-inflammatory medications like narcotic as well as ibuprofen medications are used to control pain and allow deep breaths. Applying ice or even hot bags is also a common home treatment that is simple but very effective. Some doctors also recommend ice bath as it helps a lot to make your full body relaxed. If you want to go to the hospital, a doctor will examine you as well as also run some tests to see whether your chest pain is from a heart attack or even from other causes. The normal tests that can include are blood tests, chest X-Ray and ECG.
When to Seek Medical Attention
Not all type of lest side chest pain is serious. Sometimes you may experience mild pain that may not need immediate treatment. However; if you think your condition is serious, then you should not wait to seek medical attention. If you are at a risk for possible heart attack, let your doctor know about it. If you face any of the following symptoms, then you need to call for emergency:
- Squeezing sensation
- Severe weakness
- Inability to sit or stand
- Crushing pain in the Chest
- Shortness of breath
- Pain spreads to neck, jaw, arm or shoulder
- Irregular pulses
- Inability to walk
If you have unexplained chest pain or if you suspect that you are having a possible heart attack, then you can call for emergency medical help.Whatever the causes of your chest pain in left side, you should not ignore the condition. Take immediate medical help if possible to handle the situation fast.