There are a lot of people who actually experience pain in lower right abdomen. There are instances when the pain is just enough to make people feel uncomfortable for a certain period of time but there are also instances when the pain that people are feeling becomes too severe and they would have to go to the hospital to make the pain go away.
Some of the reasons for pain in lower right abdomen may just be common. It can be caused by the food that people eat or it may also be caused by muscle strain. There are times though when it can become serious.
The location of the pain being felt in the abdominal area will play a huge role on knowing what the problem is but there are instances when the pain is never at the same place. This might sometimes lead to people to become confused. Generally, there are some ways to describe the type of pain that people are feeling and it can be based on the following:
- Location – This has already been mentioned earlier. People have to pinpoint the exact location of the pain so that they can tell what part is being affected by it.
- Intensity of the pain – A person will surely realize just how bad the pain is. It can start from a dull ache to a full blown painful type of pain.
- How often the pain comes and goes – There are instances when the pain is just constant and it is always at the same spot but there are also instances when the pain may suddenly go away. People must monitor the interval of the pain that they are feeling.
A lot of people tend to look down on abdominal pain because they feel that all types of abdominal pain are simply trivial and should not be taken seriously but actually, while it may not be caused by a serious condition, the pain that people feel may signify that the condition is worsening or that something sudden has happened.
Some people and even doctors sometimes have a hard time knowing when the pain is something that should be taken seriously and what type of pain will just go away over time.
Organs Located at the Lower Abdomen
Since the abdominal area can be divided into different parts, you can already tell the organs at a certain area. For instance, for the lower abdominal area the possible organs are the following:
Remember that these can be found in both right and left lower abdomen but there are still other possible reasons for the pain in the lower right abdomen.
Possible Causes of Lower Right Abdominal Pain
The possible causes of pain felt in the lower right abdomen may range from the usual aches and pains that people feel to more serious ones that would require immediate medical attention. Some of the possible causes of the pain are the following:
- Appendicitis – The appendix is located at the right abdomen so if there is any problem with the appendix, the pain will generate from this area.
- Ectopic Pregnancy – This is the type of pregnancy wherein the baby is located outside the uterus. This can be harmful for both mother and baby.
- Kidney Infection – There are times when the kidney is affected by different sorts of conditions like kidney stones. The pain may generate from the lower right abdomen.
- Ovarian Cysts – When cysts can be found inside the ovaries, this may cause a certain type of pain so that it can get detected. Cysts must be removed immediately to stop it from being malignant and possibly turn into cancer.
- Cancer – A deadly disease that multiplies fast over time.
Usually, when people have the above mentioned conditions, people are not able to pinpoint exactly where the pain is coming from. It will always be best to have yourself checked by your doctor at the onset of any type of pain so that you will become better prepared and better informed about your current situation.
The causes mentioned above are the more serious possible causes of pain in the lower right abdomen. It is likely that you also like to know the possible causes of less serious conditions such as:
- Food Poisoning
- Excess Gas
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Often times, when people are brought to the emergency room for any type of lower abdominal pain, the time is not enough for the doctors to know immediately what is wrong with the patient.
More often than not, the patient is hard to talk to because of the pain being felt so the doctor makes it a need to know the possible reasons for the pain so knowing the real reason for the pain may take some time depending on the case.
Treatments for Lower Right Abdominal Pain
There are instances when people immediately panic when they feel pain in their lower right abdomen because they assume that they have a serious condition but in order to know if the condition is severe or not will depend on the type of pain that people are feeling.
Pain that is still bearable might go away on its own. It will resolve on its own in about 1 – 2 days but if the pain lasts more than that, it is recommended that the person will go to the doctor right away. Do remember that there are some things that people can do to treat abdominal pain:
- Do some home remedies that will help such as eating less and only sticking to very basic food products that do not contain a high amount of fat or grease.
- Avoid drinking and smoking because this might aggravate the pain that is being felt.
- Drink substances that might make the condition better like chamomile and lavender tea.
If all else fails, going to the local doctor will always help tremendously.