How to get rid of sunspots on skin naturally?There may be different reasons why sun spots appear on the skin but the most common reason is becoming exposed to the heat of the sun often. When you leave your skin unprotected from the sun’s rays, the production of melanocytes increase. This can make some portions of the skin darker. Some people also get sunspots because of sun allergies.
There are some people who think that sunspots and freckles are the same but this is not true. Sun spots are caused by frequent sun exposure while freckles are usually inborn. Freckles are usually smaller and can appear in various parts of the body while sun spots appear in places that are exposed to the rays of the sun the most.
While sunspots are usually harmless, the reason why people would like to get rid of them is because they have the tendency to look unattractive. There are different ways by which sunspots can be removed from the skin. Some people would spend a lot of money on treatments just to get rid of sunspots. The treatments can be very expensive at times and would require more than one session.
What if you could try some home remedies instead in order to get rid of your sunspots? Here are some of the remedies that you can try so you can have your flawless skin back after some time.
How to Get Rid of Sunspots on Skin Naturally
- Apple Cider Vinegar
It will be hard to make a list and not put apple cider vinegar as a part of the list because this is very good in getting rid of the sun spots brought about by being exposed to the sun’s rays. ACV is used for a lot of skin issues so you can count on this being effective to help your sun spots fade over time.
- You would need to dilute ACV with a glass of water before you start placing it on your face. If you put pure ACV, this may harm your skin.
- Apply the solution on the brown spots with the use of a cotton ball.
- Wash off after a few minutes.
- This can be done every day for a few weeks until the sun spots fade away.
- Castor Oil
If you would ask people about the benefits of castor oil, you will get a lot of answers but you can use castor oil now in order to get rid of your sun spots. This can be used for age spots too. The strong healing properties of castor oil makes it perfect for some of your skin needs.
- Make use of a cotton ball to apply the castor oil on the affected area.
- Massage the area for a few minutes so that the castor oil can be fully absorbed by the skin.
- Leave on the skin for a few hours.
- Wash off.
- Doing this twice a day (once in the morning and once at night) can make this more effective.
- Lemon Juice
When it comes to getting rid of sun spots, this is one item that should be placed on this list. Lemon juice has bleaching properties that can get rid of sun spots after some time. This helps maintain the skin too so that it will be smooth and clear.
- Squeeze one whole lemon and get rid of the seeds.
- Apply the lemon juice on places wherein there are some sun spots.
- Leave on the skin for about 30 minutes before removing.
- Rinse off with cold water in order to close the pores of the skin.
- This would need to be done twice a day to see the effects after a few months.
- Green Tea
Green tea is known to be an anti oxidant. This means that it can help get rid of toxins and impurities. You can be sure that it will get rid of the impurities of the skin. For this simple home remedy, you can use fresh green tea leaves but it is more ideal if you would use a green tea bag.
- Place the green tea bag in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for about 3 – 5 minutes. You will know that it is ready if the water has changed its color.
- Dip a cotton ball on the green tea.
- Place the cotton ball on the areas of the face where the sun spots can be seen.
- This needs to be done twice a day to see some visible results.
- Vitamin E
Do you know that Vitamin E contains some properties that can make it highly effective in getting rid of sunspots? If Vitamin E can be used to get rid of scars, you know that you can remove sun spots this way too.
- Break open a vitamin E capsule.
- Apply the liquid on the sun spots.
- Rub in a circular manner.
- Do this everyday until you see the desired effect.
Are you wondering why buttermilk can be used in order to get rid of sun spots? This is because buttermilk contains lactic acid. This can be highly effective in exfoliating the skin. When the skin is always exfoliated, getting rid of sun spots can be easier. At the same time, buttermilk can also be used to get rid of blemishes. This is perfect for people who have dry skin as this can also moisturize the skin.
- Using a cotton ball, place the buttermilk on the areas where the sun spots are located.
- Leave on for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- If in case you have acne, mix buttermilk with lemon juice but if you have normal skin, the use of buttermilk is already okay.
- Aloe Vera
You know that when it comes to home remedies, Aloe Vera can be used for a variety of things. It can be used for the hair and of course, it can be used for the skin. The healing properties of Aloe Vera make it perfect for the skin. It also promotes skin regeneration.
- You can get fresh Aloe Vera by cutting an Aloe Vera leaf and getting the gel.
- Apply the gel directly on the sun spots.
- Leave the gel for half an hour so that it can be fully absorbed by the skin.
- Do this twice every day so that you can see the difference within a month.
Do you even realize that onions have some properties that can help get rid of the sun spots immediately? You know that finding onions can be easy because you need it at home. You can use white or red onion depending on what you have.
- Take a slice of onion.
- Rub it on the areas of your face where the sunspots are located.
- Do this once a day and you can see some changes after a month or so.
While people appreciate the papaya more as one type of fruit that can be good for digestion, papaya has always been known to be good for the skin. This explains why there are some soaps that are made with the essence of papaya. The soaps are meant to make people have even looking skin. The fact that they can be used to get rid of sun spots is not surprising anymore.
- Slice a small papaya and grate it.
- Place the grated papaya on the areas with sunspots.
- Leave on the face for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off the grated papaya with lukewarm water.
- This would need to be done twice daily until such time when the sunspots are removed from the skin.
Yogurt has mild bleaching properties so placing it on your skin can make it highly effective in getting rid of your sun spots. At the same time, you can expect that your skin will become more even and glowing because of the good effects of yogurt on the skin.
- Look for plain yogurt instead of flavored ones because it is more effective to get rid of sunspots on your skin.
- Place directly on the spots.
- Wait for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the yogurt from the face with the use of cold water.
- For best results, place the yogurt on the face at night before going to bed and leave it overnight.
- Just do not forget to rinse it off in the morning.
If in case you are not too fond of using home remedies, you can always make use of some over the counter products to get rid of your sun spots. For example, you can use some creams and even soaps every day that will help get rid of the sun spots after some time.
When it comes to doing any of the remedies mentioned above, you need to be patient because you cannot expect to see the results immediately. Waiting for a week or two will not be very effective because you need a month before you can see your sun spots start to disappear. In order to make the process faster, avoid frequent sun exposure and protect your skin with sun block. With proper skin care, you can get rid of your sun spots effectively.